[lsc-users] Issues syncing ApacheDS Ldap with MySQl DB

Clément OUDOT clem.oudot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:27:39 CEST 2014

> Hi Clement ,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> If i have 3 different tasks for user sync,group sync and the user_group
> sync, that would work, but that does not satisfy the use-case that i am
> aiming for. Is there no way in which I can do the following:
>
> 1)sync Groups, fetch its member attr, then for each of the members do an
> ldap search in ou=Users and fetch its attributes?

Yes you can, with ScriptableJndiServices:
http://lsc-project.org/javadoc/2.0-SNAPSHOT/org/lsc/jndi/ScriptableJndiServices.html

For example; here is a code to map a source DN with a destination DN
(attribute manager) :

        <dataset>
          <name>manager</name>
          <policy>FORCE</policy>
          <forceValues>
            <string><![CDATA[js:
                var manager = srcBean.getDatasetFirstValueById("manager");
                var adManager;
                if ( manager.length() ) {
                try {
                        var uid = srcLdap.attribute(manager, "uid").get(0);
                        var res = ldap.list( "ou=users,ou=demo",
"(sAMAccountName="+uid+")" ).get(0);
                        adManager = res + "," +ldap.getContextDn();
                } catch (e) {};
                }
                adManager;
            ]]></string>
          </forceValues>
       </dataset>

> 2)I also understand that i will have to make some changes to the SqlMap i
> have constructed in this scenario(as it will no longer deal with just 1
> table in this case).If there is a way to achieve 1) then what changes do i
> make to the SQLMAp?

With 1) you will get an array of values for your dataset. I don't know how
to use this array inside the sqlmap. We usually push only single values
inside databases.

Clément.