[lsc-dev] [LDAP Synchronization Connector - Bug #508] Check entry deletion with asyncLdapSourceService for directories other than OpenLDAP

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Tue Jan 12 10:02:41 CET 2016

Issue #508 has been updated by Frédéric POISSON.

Hello Clement, Raphaël,
I have to mitigate my last comment. That's true that this changes permit to remove entries without errors but i found another problem with this patch. If i have a stop/start of the source directory LSC do not stop the asynchronous task.

Here are the errors i found whitout the patch :
<pre>
ERROR - LDAP error while reading entry uid=xxxxx, (org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.exception.InvalidConnectionException: Cannot connect on the server, the connection is invalid)
ERROR - Synchronization aborted because no source object has been found !
</pre>

Now if i add the patch i have :
<pre>
ERROR - LDAP error while reading entry uid=xxxxx (org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.exception.InvalidConnectionException: Cannot connect on the server, the connection is invalid)
INFO  - # Removing object CN=xxxxx for Mytask
</pre>

In another words if i have a stop/start LDAP Source server during or after synchronizingAllWhenStarting, lsc remove all entries !
So this patch runs correctly only during normal operations with an OK status of source LDAP server, otherwise it remove all.

So for me this patch is too dangerous currently, i suppose the LSC has to check the status of the LDAP connection before running any delete.
Bug #508: Check entry deletion with asyncLdapSourceService for directories other than OpenLDAP
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/508