[lsc-dev] [Ldap Synchronization Connector - Bug #128] (Resolved) Bad value checking for default values in BeanComparator

webmaster at lsc-project.org webmaster at lsc-project.org
Wed Oct 21 10:18:56 CEST 2009

Issue #128 has been reported by Jonathan Clarke.

Bug #128: Bad value checking for default values in BeanComparator
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/show/128

Author: Jonathan Clarke
Assigned to: Jonathan Clarke
Category: Core
Target version: 1.1.1

In a very rare case, a NullPointerException might have been thrown when all following conditions are true:
* Doing a modify operation
* A default value is defined for an attribute
* This default value is applied to the destination (ie, attribute is in MERGE mode, or doesn't exist in the source for this entry)
* After evaluation by the JavaScript engine, the value to write is Java "null" (I don't know if Rhino will actually return nulls, but I recall that it does)

I have never seen this happen, but I found this bug using FindBugs (http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/). A fix is coming.