[lsc-dev] [Ldap Synchronization Connector - Feature #121] (New) [sync] function to escape special characters in RDN

webmaster at lsc-project.org webmaster at lsc-project.org
Wed Oct 7 16:32:06 CEST 2009

Issue #121 has been reported by Thomas Chemineau.

Feature #121: [sync] function to escape special characters in RDN
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/show/121

Author: Thomas Chemineau
Assigned to:
Category: Core
Target version:

RFC say:

8<--------
If the UTF-8 string does not have any of the following characters
which need escaping, then that string can be used as the string
representation of the value.

    o   a space or "#" character occurring at the beginning of the
        string

    o   a space character occurring at the end of the string

    o   one of the characters ",", "+", """, "\", "<", ">" or ";"

Implementations MAY escape other characters.

If a character to be escaped is one of the list shown above, then it
is prefixed by a backslash ('\' ASCII 92).

Otherwise the character to be escaped is replaced by a backslash and
two hex digits, which form a single byte in the code of the
character.

It could be useful, when we build our one DN, to have a function that verify and escape special characters in the RDN value, as mentioned above.